Friday, October 21, 2011

Grandma and Grandpa

Grandma and Grandpa came to help out while I had the baby. They got here on October 4 to get the routine down before my October 6 "induction date". Ha! Little did we know I'd still be around until October 13th (well, I went in on the 12th to start the induction). The kids have loved having them around. Every morning before the bus comes Sawyer likes to throw the football with grandpa. In fact both boys were constantly vying for his attention to play playstation with them. Grandma brought along a project for McKinley. She taught McKinley how to sew her first project...a Christmas pillowcase. It's very cute!
While they were here they made meals, cleaned up everything, put the kids to bed, made lunches, got kids ready for school, helped with homework, read stories, went to Hayden's library class, watched Sawyer's football games, drove McKinley to early morning activities, removed leaves from the yard, cleaned out the gutter, fixed a broken light and a broken shower, snuggled baby and basically wouldn't let me lift a finger after the baby came.
It was lovely. I was shocked to see the dishes not cleaned up after lunch...I guess I have to do it now ***sigh***.

No comments: