Tuesday, January 4, 2011

winter sunset

The winter drag is starting early. I already feel cooped up. Cabin fever has set in. I think the kids have a healthy dose too. When will it be spring?
One thing I do love about this winter is watching the craggly tree silhouettes against a cold winter sunset. Tonight's ranged from deep umber at the horizon up to a deep periwinkle in the sky.
I love craggly old trees.



P.S. I'm not sure about doing New Year's resolutions right now. I'm feeling ambivalent.

4 comments:

Bowers Family said...

That is a beautiful sunset and I too like the silhouettes of the trees in the background.

Adrienne said...

oh my, I think I am going to have to come for a visit. Are those trees in your back yard? And all of those pics on your previous post of those gorgeous homes...wow! I hope you had a great Christmas!!

Debbie said...

Love the picture.

I think you'd be feeling it here too, it's been a bit too cold, wintery, cold and cold. I'm always re-reminded in January why it's my worst month!

Ashley said...

Beautiful picture :) I know how you feel about the New Years' Resolutions. Hmmmm... xo