Saturday, January 8, 2011

Oh Emma!


Yesterday the kids had an "early dismissal" for the snow and came home around 12:30. We got about 10 inches. It was the perfect day for an all day chick flick. I love all things Jane Austen, but my favorite version of Emma is this BBC version I caught last year on Masterpiece Theatre. It stars an actress named Romola Garai. I have to own it someday! I just checked it out at the library this time. Sometimes it is hard to find a well-told version, or if you do the British actors are hard to look at (admit it). I own Persuasion but it's hard to imagine the actors are attractive, and I've got a good imagination! This one is perfectly told (yes perfectly) and the people are attractive. It was a nice 4+ hour chick flick while the snow fell outside. I may winter over after all!

No comments: