Tuesday, January 25, 2011

lately...

We've been having a lot of together time at home.
  • Last Monday was MLK day so we had the day off.
  • Tuesday was a snow day (even though the roads were clear and the snow stopped by 9:00).
  • Wednesday was a late start day due to weather, so school starts 2-hours later than normal, and kindergarteners stay all day.
  • Thursday was a miraculous full day of school.
  • Friday was another snow day.
  • This week we had school all day on Monday.
  • Today is another late start day.
  • There is supposed to be another storm of 6-12 inches coming tomorrow evening so I'm anticipating another snow day on Thursday.
  • Oh, and next Monday is a teacher's "professional" day so there's no school.

And yes, they've already officially extended the school calendar to end a few days later in the summer. Booooo!

waiting for the bus

catching snowflakes

those poor scratches are courtesy of one angry little brother. I cut his nails this morning.



4 comments:

James and Michelle's Family said...

Yay, a post :-). That stinks that school is already extended. They should just go to school. We've had snow like that here. Is it extra heavy or just further to go?

Bowers Family said...

I bet the kids are liking the days off now...but wait until it goes into their summer fun. Hopefully they realize the difference?!

Jen said...

It's just like having them off track!! =) That sucks though that they have to extend the year. When my parents were on their mission in Boston, they laughed at the fact that EVERYTHING shut down when there was a snow storm with more than 2 inches of snow. I'm not sure if that was an exaggeration at all, but compared to Utah, people there were wannie poo poo's.

Krishelle said...

I bet the you and kids are loving all the time they get to spend at home with you! But for your sake I hope they don't have too many more snow days!