Monday, January 10, 2011

P.E.I.


Hard to believe, but I've never read all the Anne of Green Gables books. In fact, I read them for the first time just a few years ago. I stopped after reading 4 because it was a slower book (and there was as severe lack of Gilbert). I finally read 5 and 6 this month and loved them almost the best!
I'm not going to leave my review. Most people either love them or can't stand them. You have to "belong to the race that knows Joseph" to love these books I think. I'm not sure I would have appreciated them when I was younger. So here's one of my favorite quotes from book 6:
"Mothers were the same all through the centuries...a great sisterhood of love and service...the remembered and the unremembered alike."
I like to think about the unremembered.
And don't tell Kent but I'm planning a trip for next year to good ole Prince Edward Island. Poor guy.

1 comment:

James and Michelle's Family said...

Oh, I want to go too! Let's leave Kent home and just go ourselves!