
I have wanted a wax letter seal for years. I put it on my New Year's list because I just never seem to justify buying one, but since it was to fulfill a goal for the year I felt better about it. I also wanted the seal to be the perfect personification of me (I obviously have high expectations of things that don't mean a hoot). While perusing online again to find one, I came across the ideal letter seal! It is a vintage-looking-family-crest-style lion...my last name means "of the Lion". I love it! Another one of my New Year's ideas was to write at least one letter a month. Not an email. Not a facebook message. Not a text (which I don't do anyway). Not a phone call. An honest to goodness letter. Once my inspirational letter seal came in the mail I sat down (on another kid's day off school), turned off the t.v. and wrote letters with McKinley. It was really fun! I am excited to do it again. It felt very Jane Austen-fine lady-letter writing-ish. I only started with a couple letters and used my seal on the back. Apparently this is a learned skill that I need to practice. My first ones did not turn out very well. Sorry first letter receivers. I also wonder if there is a handwriting class out there because I write like a 3rd grader.
4 comments:
Now that is a very cool New Year's resolution! I love it and may steal it. I love all of your snow pictures. Your new header is gorgeous!!! Wow.
you are the coolest person I know. Now I totally want one too!! And what a neat goal to write letters. It's my absolute favorite thing to get an actual letter in the mail. It's soooo much better than an email, facebook message, text or phone call!!
Where did you get your seal? I need/want one. I guarantee my handwritting is worse than yours.
The company was www.seasons-creations.com but I purchased through Amazon.
Post a Comment