Friday, January 29, 2010

Sullivan Bakery Bread

I made this rustic bread for dinner last night to go with our homemade minestrone. It would have been a perfectly timed early evening dinner. But I mistimed my bread recipe and forgot to factor in the 2 hour resting time just prior to cooking, so the bread was done by 7:00. By that time Kent had already bought us some breadsticks so we could eat before bed! McKinley and I had a bite of the bread last night and I must say it was rustic-ly delicious, and by the time I took this picture it was half gone!

Here's the recipe:
I used 1 1/2 tsp salt instead of just 1 1/4 tsp salt because the chef who made it in Utah suggested it.
It is supposed to go perfectly with homemade butter. So guess what I'm going to try to make today?

2 comments:

nicole hill gerulat said...

So yummy... my favorite!

Erica Williams said...

I am dying to know if you guys liked the soup! And I would love to make that bread. It looks fabulous...I just need to take the time to plan ahead. Maybe I'll give it a shot.