So I am trying to stay happy-busy with things I want to create and do. Today I went to Robert's to get some paper for an art idea, and got the boys some balloons. Balloons always make the day funner.
So far on my list of things to do this winter: crochet (my crochet books are at the library waiting for me to pick up-yay!); make some cute 'Down-East'-style skirts for McKinley. They need more stylish skirts for girls her age out there; finish upholstering my chair (and then probably sell it on KSL); make some couch pillows and curtains for my front room. I'm sure I'll come up with a few more things to do...so I don't go insane waiting for the sun to come back.
And this last picture is only to show that I am working on my New Year's resolutions (take more pictures of me with the kids so they know they had a mom growing up). You may have to look hard to see me since my uber-white skin blends into the snow!!!
7 comments:
First of all, you do not blend into the snow, you look darling. And second, if you know how to make couch pillows, can you teach me? We desperately need some for our new couches. They are expensive at the store. I have thought about making some, but I am a beginner at sewing. I can do small stuff, but I don't know that I can take on couch pillows on my own!
Looks like you found the sun today. I didn't even see that it came out at all!
love the picture of you with your boys. that's a great resolution. i should make it mine as well.
... and jan thru march are the longest months of the year. uggh.
I tried making bread a few years back and they were very dense. You gave me incentive to try again. Also as far as the LOOONG month of January you should try a couple b-days in the month to make it more fun. We have two of us and that helps!!! So January isn't too bad for me. If you don't want your own then you could celebrate our b-days (JK)!
I totally agree with Erica, your picture is adorable! I was thinking we could maybe do a switch trade... If you needed help or tips with crocheting, I could help :) I would really like someone to teach me how to make bread. I also am making Em some skirts, you are so right about the clothes for her age group.
Ps- if you talk to Erica, I am a self proclaimed pro at making pillows. I am always willing to help out with something crafty.
Pps- about your silouettes... Are you making them for selling, if so what would you need from me & what is your pricing. We are FINALLY getting Emily's room "big girlie-fied" & I really think something like that would go great in there. Let me know. :) Thanks
I love reading your blogs, even though I don't comment much. The bread looks fantastic, and you're right, you can't beat fresh warm bread. I have a great recipe for whole wheat bread if you want it. (I have used up all my "old" wheat from the last 26 years, I am now using wheat I canned in 2008! It's a great way to rotate your food supply and enjoy the benefits of healthier, cheaper bread!) By the way, I LOVE that photo of you and the boys!
I have the best whole wheat bread recipe. It's super easy, fast, and kids love it. Let me know if you want it. I'm excited to see everyone this week!
Post a Comment