Tuesday, January 26, 2010

fyder!

As I was making dinner the other night, the boys were playing downstairs, and getting along. All of the sudden there was an outburst of tears and unintelligible cries. I assumed they had gotten into an argument...again. Then they both made their way upstairs crying something about a "fyder". Hayden can't say his "S" sounds and Sawyer is hard to understand when he's hysterical. I tried to figure it out and asked if there was a "spider" (sounds like "fyder") downstairs because we hate spiders so the hysterics would make sense. When I had almost reached the bottom of the stairs it donned on me they were saying "FIRE" because I could smell electrical smoke.



They had put a calculator, an old cell phone, and two bouncy balls in the microwave and started it. There was still 19 minutes left on the cooking time when they opened the door and saw the things on fire.



Sawyer was upset mostly because he "loves that phone so much"! Luckily no one was hurt. But our house smelled AWFUL!

5 comments:

Jen said...

OH! MY! GOSH! How scary!!! Glad no one was hurt and nothing too serious was damaged!!

Ashley said...

Holey Moley!!! That's sooo scary! Luckily no one was hurt!

Al said...

Yikes! Scary! Glad no one was hurt.

Krishelle said...

Oh my...I have to say I am laughing so hard right now, even though this may not be that funny...could have been a huge disaster....but glad everything and everyone is OK and they probably won't be playing in the microwave anymore!

Debbie said...

That is scary! WOW! Thank goodness you went to check on the "Spider"!