Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sawyer's field day

Sawyer's field day was today.  Parents are in high attendance.  So we opted out of nap time to watch Sawyer.  They did relays, sack races, tug-of-war, and parachute game (which Hayden got to join).
It was all just for fun, not competition.  It was nice.


Little baby was actually very pleasant and kept laughing and smiling at people despite no nap time.  Strangers!  He hates strangers usually, it was a nice change.  Everyone kept commenting on how squishy and adorable he is.


Most of Sawyer's class.  I only brought a telephoto lens, so I had to shoot in segments.   One thing I've noticed out here is the stark contrast of girls with hair bows between here and Utah.  It is extremely rare to see a little girl or baby with a bow in her hair, ever! 


While Sawyer was racing, Hayden played on the playground, but eventually wound up playing his DS.


After the games were over the parents and kids sat and had a little class picnic.

Hayden, Josh, and I then ran errands until 1:00 when we had to be at McKinley's school for "closing house".  Again, a parent attended event at their school to show off their classwork and finish off the year.  I guess it brings closure or something.  Sawyer had his last night.  We are all 'closed' up for the year now.

1 comment:

Bowers Family said...

Yay school is out!! Looks like he had fun.