Saturday, April 14, 2012

Compo Beach

After baby's nap on Saturday we headed out to Compo Beach in Westport, CT.  It is free until May 1.  It is one of the nicest beaches close by...about 20 minutes away.  The beach is a little rocky mixed with sand, but has tons of seashells to gather.  The water is a little chilly right now still, but that doesn't stop the kids from having fun.  One of their favorite parts of Compo Beach is the fun playground they have there.







Baby's first beach, first time at the ocean, and first attempt to eat sand...daddy successfully stopped him.

After the beach we headed to the Shake Shack in Westport so everyone could try out the "famous" burgers. They are definitely yummy, and the kids ate up every bite of theirs. I got the black and white shake again, but this time I knew what I was getting (vanilla ice cream mixed with hot fudge---not an oreo shake like I first thought).


Then we went home, quickly put the kids to bed and Kent and I went out to a movie while Grandma and Grandpa held down the fort. We finally got to see Hunger Games, yay!

No comments: