Wednesday, May 11, 2011

party











I just bit the bullet and sent out invitations for McKinley's 8th birthday friend party. It kind of gives me anxiety to have a party in this house...but I am swallowing my pride. I'm remembering this quote by Erma Bombeck:

















Because I don't want to say: "I would have let McKinley have an 8th birthday party with her Connecticut friends even though I didn't think my house was good enough."

3 comments:

Bowers Family said...

You are a good mom! Way to go the kids will have tons of fun. How exciting for McKinley to be turning 8. Have fun McKinley.

Erica Williams said...

Art party... super fun! I also love the quote :)

Misty said...

I love that quote and think you are doing the right thing even though if I were in your shoes I would feel the same way. Just know that it's not your house, so there is comfort in that, right? :) You are great Heather, I hope you are feeling up to hosting! Good luck that day.