Monday, May 2, 2011

Birthday boy




It was Kent's birthday on Saturday. He just likes to hang out, but I may have persuaded him to decide to try out Mystic Seaport, CT. It is a quaint little seaport village with a bunch of little buildings and old ships to walk around and see. Luckily the New Canaan library has a discount pass to check out that made it free for a family of 5. Otherwise it was $24 per adult---which it is not worth. Since we got in for free though it was worth it. That is just our price :)

There was a recreation of Amistad, as well as a few whaling ships. I tried my first fish and chips---which was happily yummy. The kids even ate the fish and chips! Kent even preferred it to what he ordered (which turned out to be gross, but still, it's a big step for Kent).



After the seaport we found a little beach for the kids to romp around on for a few minutes. Then we headed out and got ice cream cones.







Next, we stopped by Old Mystick Village to try and hit the sidewalk sale for Mother's Day merchandise, but the sale shut down right at 6:00 when we got there. When we got back near home we ate at Outback (of course). McKinley got sick at dinner (again). All three kids fell asleep on the 15 minute ride back home at 9:00 at night. I guess it was a busier day than I thought.

1 comment:

Bowers Family said...

Sounds like a fun day...other than poor McKinley getting sick again. Kent looks very content to sit on the chair at the beach (I assume it was a beach). Happy belated
b-day Kent!!