The first real snow of winter came today! There have been dustings a couple times before, but we got about 1.5 inches of super-powdery-non-snowman-making snow!
That meant a "late start" day due to "road conditions". School was postponed for 2 hours this morning. The kids got a real breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes as a result. (Yes, most days it's cold cereal. I hate mornings.) They went right out after breakfast to play in the snow. I found out we need to update our snow clothes sizes. Sadie even got in on the action chasing the shoveled snow and eating all the puffy mounds on top of railings. It was enought to be pretty, and not enough to be a nuisance. A nice first snow of winter (I know it's not techinically winter until the 21st but it's close enough for me).
2 comments:
That Sadie sure looks like a STURDY dog! She looks like a good pal to your kids.
Beautiful. We love the snow, but we're also happy it doesn't stick around all winter long.
I just have to say... I LOVE your penguin header! I wish I could do that! Adorable!
Post a Comment