Friday, December 10, 2010

this week...

my christmas tree this year---from a different perspective :)
I'm not really going to update daily what we've been doing for our advent activities. While I was putting together my blog book I realized I don't want it over and over every day, every December. It gets a little redundant.
But I do want to remember, so I'll update it here and there.
So here's what we've done this week...
5- Dutch Christmas Eve- We ate dutch pancakes, put our shoes and carrots out, and got yummy chocolate coins and a chocolate initial in the morning. Sawyer says it's gelt (like the Hanukkah chocolate coins, there's a lot of Hanukkah learning here.)
6-Mail Christmas cards- I had the kids make little drawings on papers to insert with our cards. The cards aren't mailed yet, but it was a start.
7- Make fondant- YUM, but only McKinley, sometimes Hayden, and I eat it.
8- Draw names
9-Get a new Christmas book- We got the "Oh David!" Christmas book. David reminds me of my boys, and the books remind me how much my kids must hear the same things that David does. The Christmas one did not disappoint :)
10- And tonight is our p.j. party sleepover with pizza and a Christmas movie (the kid's chose Rudolph, but I think that's on the calendar later this month. I might try to rent the Christmas Carol one from redbox)

2 comments:

Jen said...

OMG.....we must read the same blogs! I'm going to do me some fun bokeh too!! LOOOOVE your picture!!

Ashley said...

I lovethis picture! It is Christmas card worthy! I love how the lights look like little bitty hearts. I need to update with our advent activities too. I have Strep so I have nooooo energy to do anything. Tonight though we are going to see The Christmas Carol at the Hale Theather, soooo excited! xo