Friday, October 1, 2010

Good-bye Utah

Tomorrow our plane leaves for Connecticut.

Here's what we've been up to during the last week of good-byes:

Friday: McKinley's cute friends had a good-bye party for her. McKinley is not happy now about leaving all her friends. We have the cutest little group of kids in the neighborhood. We'll miss those good friends.
Saturday: Afternoon we had a good-bye party at my parents house with all the cousins. We had yummy BBQ'd chicken and homemade peach ice cream and the kids got to play around together one more time. Evening we went to Kent's family good-bye party. We had hamburgers and hot dogs and more cousing play time. McKinley ended the night in tears, which put me in tears.

Sunday: Our good friends and neighbors had a good-bye open house for us. It was nice to see everyone and let the kid's play. We even got a few presents from friends. I forgot to take pictures because I got caught up in visiting everyone. Our great neighborhood was one of the hardest reasons to leave.

Monday: Packers came all day. I ran errands all day trying to get all our ducks in a row and keep the kids out of the way. Kent's sister had us over that night for dinner (which was yummy) and to see the kid's and let them play with their cousins again.
Tuesday: Packers came again all day. Grandma and Grandpa V took the kids almost all day to play and spend time with them, and keep them occupied and out of the way.
Wednesday: Movers came to pack everything up. They brought a gigantic truck and it surprisingly took about 11 hours for them to finish everything up. Me and my mom took the kid's to see "Legend of the Guardians". Then we cleaned the empty house. Uncle Chad came over to visit the dog...and the kid's too. Then we ate dinner at Grandma and Grandpa V's.

Thursday: Took a trip up to N. Ogden to visit Great Grandma and Grandpa Chambers. We picked some peaches in their orchard, ate apples off their tree, then ate some peaches and ice cream with homemade caramel. I love that place! Then we went to dinner with both grandparents, and the kid's hot tubbed.

Friday: That's today. The truck is getting loaded up today. I have few little errands to run (library fines to pay, paint to recycle, school to get my kid's class pictures, and a couple of last good-byes we promised to pay). Tonight is pizza and game night with both grandparents.
Saturday: Plane leaves at 11:10, with a layover in Detroit. We'll arrive at our destination around 7:00 pm EST. Our stuff should arrive on Monday. We'll be busy cleaning again, painting and then unpacking. I'll post before and after pictures.

Good-bye Utah!
We will miss all of you!
Here's to our new adventure and to hoping I can survive the New England winters.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

GOOD LUCK! What an amazing adventure for your family!

Jen said...

Good luck, Heather. Sorry I missed the neighborhood party. We were sck and I didn't think you'd appreciate me sharing. You guys will be missed. It's hard to see such great neighbors leave the neighborhood.

Ashley said...

Good Luck! We will miss you! Buy a really cool Pea Coat for those winters & I'll send you a care package, hat, scarf & gloves included :)Be safe & have a BLAST!!!

susan said...

Oh, you guys are missed so much already. Enjoy your adventure, and post often. We love you all!

Debbie said...

We've had some great times....playgroups, pre-school, dance, Primary, dinner groups, and the 1/2 marathon training. I'll always remember you ran every morning outside (except 1) in the middle of the winter. You were so dedicated. You have filled this great time of our lives with precious memories.

Good Luck!

Adrienne said...

Heather,
It's funny because I miss you already and I rarely ever even saw you! Your kids are adorable, you know that right? What an exciting adventure, enjoy every minute. We love you guys!!