Monday, October 11, 2010

Missing you

We finally found our phones yesterday after searching for days. I had promised McKinley that when we found the phones she could call her grandparents. So when we found them last night I got her out of bed so she could call them. Immediately the water works started. She could barely pull herself together to talk, but she did. Then she went back to bed. Later that night we heard a thump from upstairs and Kent went to see if a child had fallen out of bed. It turns out it was a tissue box that fell off McKinley's bed. She had a nice pile of tear-filled tissues laying on her floor from crying to sleep :(

We miss you!

6 comments:

Korth and Family Happenings said...

Loved talking to each of you. It seems longer than just a week for us. Glad that the kids do enjoy the area. Your dad and I are just grateful that you're in the USA. We have a couple in our ward from England. Dad was mentioning a little camera that is on the computer so you send your message and either a picture of the sender or realtime. We're not just exactly sure what it is. But we'll check into it. That way you will seem closer to our home.

Enjoy this new adventure. We look forward to pictures of all the updates on your home.

Mom and Dad

Jen said...

Oh! That made ME cry.

Bowers Family said...

Ohhhh...I hope she is doing better. Keep busy. Making friends at school should help alot.

Ashley said...

Oh poor little thing! That made me misty eyed, so I can't imagine being the mommy watching her :( The web cam is a WAYYYYYYY cool idea, WalMart or Target has them for a pretty good price. Our computer actually has one buILt in. It's how Emily communicates with all of my family. I get to Sophia & Sam grow up "for real", not just in pictures :)))) Has McK & Sawyer started school or is it Fall Break? Is it all day Kindergarten? If he has started, how's he doing going all day?Give them some really big squeezes for us & some for you too :) xo

KKandKoKo said...

I've been thinking about you guys a lot lately...poor McKinley! It will get better, hopefully you guys can meet some really great people out there that will help with the transition. Good luck to you and your family :)

Debbie said...

Ahhh, that is heartbreaking. I can't look at that picture without crying. That's about how Savannah's desk looked when I walked in her room and she was having her breakdown.

Before we know it, you're going to be entertaining us with all your great pictures and adventures. I can't wait to get a little taste of CT through all of you.