Saturday, August 7, 2010

Oregon Day 5

I know we're crazy, but since we used to live there we had to drive to Seattle. What were we thinking? It's not close.

Anyway, we went to Pike's Place Market, ate lunch on the pier, and rode the elevator up to the top of the Space Needle. I wanted to take the kids on a harbor cruise, but someone was a party pooper. It was raining in Seattle of course. We did see the Blue Angels do a fly over Seattle. We drove by our old apartement and then back to Oregon.

At least the kids can mark Seattle off their travel lists.

My favorite part of Pike's Place is of course the fish stand, and the rows of flowers. These bunches were $5 each! I wish I could have bought one, but I didn't think they'd make the luggage trip home. We all (except Kent) got a flavored honey stick...yum!


It's raining so Sawyer didn't want to go get his picture taken.


The Space Needle of course. What a rip off, but you have to do it once if you're a tourist. I think this was Kent and my 4th time.

Such a fun town though.
Good-bye Seattle!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I think it's great you went up to Seattle. Looks like fun. How long is the drive?