Monday, August 30, 2010

Mockingjay


by Suzanne Collins


Summary: If you don't know this is the third book in the Hunger Games, then stop what you're doing right now and read the first two books in the series....loved them!


My thoughts: I won't give out any spoilers because all my sister's are waiting for my book copy to read it, so...although I have heard from a few that they were "disappointed", I was not. I liked it. I just wish the ending was more explanatory. There were a couple things I would have liked to understand how they were resolved.

3 comments:

Bowers Family said...

Yeah!! It is here. I am excited for my turn.

Aimee Hardy said...

I just finished myself and I couldn't agree more. I really liked it, but it wasn't what I was expecting and I'm not sure I'm totally satisfied. But maybe. I'm looking forward to the next book club to discuss. Are you guys still going to be around then?

Rebecca said...

oh no. I'm going to start reading it next week and my fear is that it's the Peeta-Kantiss-Gale that doesn't get resolved. But I'm trying not to read too many reviews because I don't want to spoil it. I LOVED the first two books, but who didn't?! We seem to have read a lot of the same books. I've read Graceling (which I really liked), and I also read Shiver and totally agree with your review. It was pretty cheesey for sure... but I guess I like a little bit of cheese sometimes. ;) Anyway... I'll be sad when school starts back up again because I know I'm not going to have the time to lounge and read all day! My favorite book I read this summer (other than The Hunger Games series) is These Is My Words. Have you read that? I would totally recommend it!