We finally took my trip to the Oregon Coast. I remember going as a teenager and wanted to show my kids this piece of the world. We started with a new rental car with 4 miles on it and returned it with about 850 miles on it!
Day 1-Woke up really early to get to the airport and our 8:30 am flight. What was I thinking?!
Arrived in Portland, got our rental (a vehicle with 3 rows and I am in love with that now!), and drove to our hotel in Gearheart, Oregon.
We got to our hotel a couple hours early so we went to the beach a couple blocks away and played. The boys clothes got soaking so when the room was ready we had to do our first outfit change.
We stayed in a condo called the Fitzgerald Cottages. Gearheart was a quaint, quiet little town, and the beaches were very uncrowded. We had 4 bunkbeds for the kids, and a separate room for us, a living room, bathroom, and kitchen area.
Next we checked in, got settled, then went grocery shopping in Seaside. Had to stock that kitchen up. I don't really like eating out for every meal, besides it being expensive.
Back to the beach. Dinner. Watched a movie together supplied by the many dvd's in the condo office.
Bed.
No pictures today....weird.
2 comments:
Ahhh, it makes me re-live our vacation there. I love it.
We got an SUV rental car with 8 miles on it. But, we didn't put even half that many miles on it. You guys are troopers.
Sorry, you had to get a comment from me on each day. I just loved reading it too much! Looks like a great Oregon coast vacation.
Post a Comment