Monday, August 9, 2010

First day of Kindergarten

Since we were in Oregon, today was Sawyer's first day of Kindergarten. We started off the day dropping Kent off at the airport for a business trip, picking up the dog from the kennel, and then racing (within the speed limit of course) to the doctor's office.

Sawyer got a finger poke for Connecticut's school health form and four immunizations. Let me tell you, he is a screamer! It was ridiculous. I would have smacked the kid if I was the nurse (no I never smacked anyone's kid as a nurse even though there were a couple that could have used it).

Then we got McDonald's to ease the pain of the shots.

After school we picked up Sawyer. His four shots have kicked in and he is a bit sore and emotional. He said school was boring. Then McKinley asked him about his shots and he started crying again. He wobbled the whole way home. We stopped and got a snow cone for his first day, but he didn't want it until 1 dose of Ibuprofen and 2 hours later.

Great timing on the shots mom!







2 comments:

Debbie said...

What a cute kid. I can't imagine he'll have too many boring days with the teacher he has for Kindergarten.

Erica Williams said...

I love Saywer!