Monday, September 10, 2012

Our last day on PEI.

This was the view off the back deck of the beach house.  Today all the storms are gone.  It would be the perfect beach day.  Sigh.  I'm so glad I got to visit Prince Edward Island.  If it wasn't so blasted far away I could spend every summer there.



On the way to the Confederation bridge we stopped at Victoria on the south shore of the island to see more red cliffs and beaches.  I got my first lobster roll at the Lobster Barn pub and eatery on the wharf in Victoria.  It was delicious.  And that is from a girl who is now a seafood fan.

After an obscene $44 toll to leave PEI on their bridge, we drove straight through to Bangor for an overnight rest.

In the morning we drove from Bangor back to Connecticut.  Thank heavens we had books on tape.  We listened to the first three Gregor the Overlander books.  There were no major car traveling mishaps.  It was a roadtrip miracle.

I think the kids would say their favorite part of the trip was the beaches (when I let them go in) and the sea glass.

No comments: