Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pregnancy

This post is my journaling of my pregnancy...a very sparse journaling.




March 10- week 9- I never documented my other pregnancies, and since this is the last one for me I thought I would finally do it. Today I am 9 weeks along. I haven't made a doctor's appointment yet. Having had 2 miscarriages this last year (one at 7 weeks and one at 10 weeks) I am taking this one very cautiously. It's hard for me to believe it's going to last yet. If I make it to 10 weeks I'll make a doctor's appointment. If I make it to 12 weeks I'll give myself permission to start hoping. I heard a great quote that explains it perfectly: "It's such a cruel thing, to lose a baby. Nothing is ever untainted again, not even hope."--Lady Agnes in PBS Upstairs Downstairs. In week 9 I'm feeling...nauseous all day long. Mornings are better than evenings, so my family's dinners suffer. I don't feel like cooking taco meat once dinner comes around. I'm a little more voluptuous up top, which is a nice bonus. My mood seems a little more stable-to me anyway. I am not very motivated to do anything though, or go anywhere. I'm content to be at home and read or watch movies or hang out with Hayden. As a result dishes have been piling up for a while.




March 24-week 11- Feeling less nauseated this week, which is nice. Also feeling more energy and have actually been cooking and cleaning! Hayden keeps saying things about a baby in me...it's so funny and I can't wait to be able to tell them. I want to wait until after the ultrasound so we can tell them whether it's a boy or girl. I guess that means I need to make my first dr. appointment though. It's hard to just pick one out of a hat and hope for the best.





March 31-week 12- I finally made that dr. appointment for next Wednesday. They are going to do an ultrasound too. Nausea is back to it's old self again. I do pretty good in the morning and early afternoon, but late afternoon strikes and I don't want to even THINK about dinner.



May 1- I am 16+ weeks now. I did finally go to the doctor. They did an ultrasound in the office so I got to see the baby. It is such a beautiful baby and I just couldn't wait to tell the kids. Of course once I told the kids I had to let others know, since I know the kids couldn't keep it a secret.
At 16+ weeks I am feeling...chubby. I had a little relief from morning sickness while we were in D.C. but it's kind of back again. I am obviously eating enough to get chubby though. My next appointment is on Tuesday, then I will schedule the ultrasound to see if it's a boy or girl.



May 14- 18 weeks. I feel like I am 8 months pregnant. I already waddle sometimes. That can't be a good sign of things to come. I am also chubby...or as I like to think, pleasantly plump. I'd better start looking pregnant soon instead of chubby. I'd rather people think I'm pregnant. On a positive note, I can feel the baby moving. The kid's can feel the growing baby bump. And the ultrasound is next Thursday!





June 9- 22 weeks. We are past the halfway mark. We got our ultrasound a few weeks ago and found out we're having a boy. I knew it! Kent and McKinley thought it was a girl. McKinley was a bit crushed for a few days, but now that all the cute baby stuff is coming out I think she's excited again. I will always wish for her to have had a sister. Sisters are the best...but this is our last so she'll have to put up with brothers. Feeling normal, except I am huge. Much bigger than I think I should be. Not technically, but aesthetically. And I can feel the baby move a lot now which I am relishing every moment. No name yet.





September 8- 35 weeks. Hmm, it's been a while since I've documented anything. I see a recurring theme in all my other updates and it is still appropriate today...I feel huge. I am as big as a house! I also feel a lot of pressure in my pelvis, like this kid just might pop out at any second! If my body cooperates we are hoping to schedule an induction for week 39 (October 6). So I like to think I only have 4 more weeks to go. I wish my body would just have this baby on it's own, but it didn't happen with my other three, so I'm not counting on it. I have lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions everyday. I didn't have nearly as many with my other kids. Baby is moving around a lot and has the hiccups at least once a day. The kids love to feel the hiccups. The kids call our baby Josh. It is still the front running name as I haven't had another name bowl me over yet. I have appointments starting every week next week. We'll do an ultrasound on week 38 to help me decide if I do want to induce a week early...I do, believe me I do.




Sept 20- 36 weeks and 5 days...I keep having Braxton-Hicks contractions, but they end up nowhere. Grrr. I wish just once my baby would come on it's own and not by Pitocin force! Oh well. Hopefully just nearly 2 weeks left.


Sept 22- 37 weeks. Well, I am officially "full term" now. So any time baby...any time. I have an ultrasound scheduled for next Wednesday followed by an appointment to see if I am dilated at all so we can schedule an induction date if everything is good. On one hand I want the baby to just come now, and on the other hand it would be nice if my parents were here to take care of the kids (they come on the night of Oct 4). Chances are I will still be waiting when my parents get here. Feeling: stretched. I can't stand comfortably for more than a few minutes without back pain or overwhelming aches in my abdomen or difficulty breathing. Things I will miss: feeling a baby inside kicking and growing. All the kids rubbing my tummy and loving this baby already. Sleeping (except for bathroom breaks) through the night. There is something very special about experiencing pregnancy and I know I am lucky and blessed to be able to become a mother this way. I thought I would be more sad about this being my last baby. But I know my family will be complete and it feels good. Come soon baby!

5 comments:

Erica Williams said...

:) Loved reading this!

Bowers Family said...

I agree with Erica that was fun to read. I wish I had something like that for my kids.

Jen said...

This post is awesome! I wish I had done that with my pregnancies, but I was too sick to think past the porcelian god I was worshiping every couple of hours!

I always wished for a sister for Emmy, too. Technically, she has one, she's just in Florida. ;) But now that she's 12, I'm SO GLAD we only have ONE girl!!!!! She's a great kid, but she's soooo emotional! And she hasn't even started her period yet! I FEAR that day!!! HOLY COW....what's that going to be like!

Ashley said...

I loved reading this & that quote brought tears to my eyes. Oh how I needed to see that. Thank you so much for sharing! I wish that eM could have a sibling, but it looks like the plan is for her and her alone. And after another failed attempt, at this very minute I'm ok with that.
October 6th is my Ge's (grandmother) birthday, it is a great day! You'll almost have a kidding for every season :)
Oh a serious note... Is there any particular color you are leaning towards???
Love and miss you lady!
Say hi to McK for eM
Good luck with the last 4 to 5 WEEKS, wow I can't believe that's all you have left!!! Eeeee :)

Ashley said...

I meant kiddo not kidding. I should probably proofread before I hit publish. sorry :)