Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween is coming way too fast!

The kids have been lucky and received a few Halloween cards from grandparents and cousins. For FHE I decided we should make our own cards and mail them to family (once we find the stamps). McKinley made pop-up cards in art class so she taught us all how to do them. McKinley's is the orange pop-up on the left. Sawyer colored a little on his black pop-up then wrote names on the white paper instead and then wanted to take a shower and told me to finish it (which I didn't). Hayden wanted every sticker he could get his hands on put on his card...both sides. At the end of the activity, McKinley wanted to give hers to her teacher at school. Sawyer never finished, despite his orders that I do it for him. And Hayden had a breakdown when I told him we were going to put it in an envelope and mail it to grandma and grandpa. He clutched it to him tightly and emphatically told me "No! I will miss it so much!"

So sorry grandmas and grandpas and cousins. We will apparently not be mailing you our cards.

Here is a practice run of McKinley's costume. She has not waivered in wanting to be a dead ballerina, thanks to her friend Savannah who planted the idea in her head. So that's what she's doing. I'm not sure if I should deaden-up the actual ballet costume (or how) so I've just painted her face so far.And here is my front door. I just bought the little wreath so it doesn't look so sterile. And every house around here has pumpkins on their porch posts, fence posts, etc., so I joined the club :) I'm not sure if the carving thing is going to happen this year. I am just barely getting around to putting costumes together, and let me tell you the stores are definitely running out. We are in a pickle with Sawyer who wanted to be Earnhardt Jr. for Halloween. I guess this isn't Nascar country because there are NO Nascar costumes!!! Plan B is Indiana Jones. Why can't he just be something easy to find/improvise?!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey you, LOVE the front porch decor! You can tea or coffee dye & rip the tutu. It's WAAAAAAY easy. Let me know if you want details :)

hermansenhello said...

Your front porch looks like a picture from a magazine! It looks great! Thanks for keeping up on your blog when I know you have so many other things to do. I have loved the photos--you take such nice pictures! Looks like you are having fun together! Love ya!

Debbie said...

What a great dead ballerina! After all that, Savannah isn't even going to be a dead ballerina. She didn't like what I had to offer for her costume. Happy Halloween!

Bowers Family said...

Cute costume. You are very creative. My kids just go up and down the aisle until they find one they want. Your porch decorations look cute.