Sunday, October 10, 2010

Grateful for...

The other day while I was still painting (no I'm still not done yet) and the kid's were in bed and Kent was on another Lowe's run that takes an hour round trip, I turned on the news for noise and company. Local stories ran about the other cities that were "affordable" in the area that we had been browsing back in July. The cities that Kent refused to have his children go outside in. And for good reason apparently. I had a thought, that I don't want to forget. Yes, this house is severely crappy and needs a LOT of work to get it liveable, but thank heavens it is, because if it weren't we never would have been able to afford to live in this specific area...an area that is safe for my children. So today I am grateful for a crappy house that no one wanted so that we could come and rent it and be safe. This is where we're supposed to be right now...no matter how hard it is right now.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey Lady, was thinking about you today & TAH DAH you blogged :) I'm glad you had a little ray of sunshine today! Missed you at book club, it was a GREAT discussion! I was thinking next time we need to skype you in :)))) Just a thought, I really missed you. Debbie H.'s sister (according to Deb) compared the situtation in the book (The Capitol & the out lying Districts) to America & other countries in the world. I had never thought of it, but how very true. Any woo, just an update from my neck of the woods. How are the leaves? Anna (sis) says they are changing in MD & beautiful. Miss you xoxo

Jen said...

Way to recognize the silver lining in the clouds.

If your moving experience ends up being anything like mine (to Korea) was, you will look back on this time in your life and be so grateful for the opportunities, the growth and the blessings that were given you and you'll never trade them for anything. =)

I can't wait to see new pictures of the magic you're working on the house!!!

Debbie said...

I'm so glad you know this is where you are suppose to be.

Our home now and our last condo, we had been looking, looking and knew the minute we got in the neighborhoods that was where we were suppose to be. Everything fell into place. Sounds like this house was waiting for you too.