Tonight was the awards ceremony for the district science fair winners.
After school today I fed the kids dinner. At 4:00. Sawyer and McKinley said they weren't hungry. But that was our only chance of a homemade meal tonight. At 4:15 I had to head over to the church for my new calling. The one calling I never, ever wanted, but knew was inevitable with 3 boys in my house. Den leader. I left McKinley to do homework, while Hayden (who had finished his homework) played the ipad, and Josh was finally taking a late snooze after playing for a couple hours in his crib during his actual nap time.
When I returned from a rambunctious craft hour with 8 year old boys, it was 5:40. I had to wake up Josh and try to avert a meltdown from a post-nap awakening. Mission accomplished. I had him buckled in his seat, and ran back inside to gather the camera, herd the other kids into the car, get Josh's juice, snacks, and shoes. Check, check, and check! Set the alarm. Out the door. We're going to make it on time!
Where's my car keys?
In the house. The locked house.
Luckily I had my cell phone. So I called my dad, who was already sitting patiently at the ceremony, since they had arrived early! He came and picked us up so we could make it to McKinley's award ceremony on time. Kent had to come home from work to get us a key, but at least he got to see her ceremony when he otherwise wouldn't have been able to.
At any rate, she is excited to go to BYU!
No comments:
Post a Comment