Thursday, October 24, 2013

The zoo

Well, lucky for us, our scarecrow won first place in the library contest!  So we got to choose between tickets to the zoo or tickets to the symphony Halloween concert.  The kids chose....the zoo.  Unanimously.

Today was the perfect day for a zoo outing!  Nearly 70 degrees!

My favorite, the elephants.

The kids had a lot of fun!  Glad the temperatures were ideal.

The Polar Bear was up to his usual stellar performance and entertaining everyone.  Josh got very nervous when his body slid right up against the glass next to him, but he loved seeing the sea lions swim by.


McKinley's favorite, the giraffe.  I think they are a close tie for my favorite as well.  
This one kept doing some cool tongue twisting tricks.

When I was going through my pictures I couldn't get over just how beautiful this creature was...so I posted a few :)




Since I got in to the zoo for free, I felt justified in paying for the carousel ride.  Hayden really wanted to ride the panda, Sawyer chose the tiger, and McKinley chose a giraffe.  Josh was not happy to be forced to sit at first, but once we settled on some smallish bug creature with my arms tightly wrapped around him, he was giggling and smiling.


A good day for the zoo!

No comments: