Thursday, March 14, 2013

Lemonade stand

Wow, time flies when your life is turned upside down.  It's been over a week since we've moved in.  I think we've unpacked our most necessary boxes, but with each opened pandora's box lies a mess that takes me days to organize and put away.  I'm still trying to sift out what to get rid of/donate.
In the midst of it all, McKinley wanted to have a lemonade stand.  I usually protest these kinds of things, but I must be too tired now.  I thought somehow it might teach her entrepreneurship and lessons on becoming a smart business woman.  That's how I talked myself into it.  So I made (per her request) cupcakes, cookies, lemonade and bought bottled water for her.  She and her new friend made the signs.  She got $10 out of it ($3 out of her brother).  Even more importantly she socialized (and by default I did too) with our new neighbors and we got to know a few more people in the neighborhood.  Seems like it's going to be a good place for a family to grow up.



3 comments:

Jenny said...

Those cupcakes look so enticing and delicious!

Shell said...

I can't believe the weather was that nice to have it outside in short sleeve shirts! Awesome!

Erica Williams said...

Cute, cute kiddos! Can I come help you unpack boxes? Can I come get your kids for a play date and give you some quiet time? How can I help? I'd love for Nixin and Sawyer to get to play... and I'd also love to finally meet your babe! Text or call me: (801) 833-1609. I'd love to help you :)