After a few tears, the day got better. Having Josh here helped.
Newtown is in our stake. The wards are donating angels for an "angel tree" for the Parker family, in honor of Emilie Parker who was to be the angel in the ward Christmas party on Saturday. I made and delivered a scherenshnitte (paper cut) angel out of vellum to our Relief Society President's house. I made it because I wanted it to be from the heart. They received a lot of angels for the tree, so one tree full will be set up in the Primary room, and the other angels will be shipped to Utah for the funeral. Wilton is also collecting new teddy bears to pass out to each and every child at Sandy Hook and any siblings of students.
Lest you think I am a total mess, I have also felt the peace and reassurance that only the Prince of Peace can bring.
| flag at half mast |
| Police are stationed at every school |
Tonight for our advent calendar we went to a Christmas light display here that is set up like a little village. It was at 6 Midwood Dr, Norwalk, CT. The kids had a blast. They want to do it again next year, ha ha. Too bad we didn't find it two years ago!



No comments:
Post a Comment