This afternoon I took the three oldest kids (while baby Josh stayed home with Dad) to Compo Beach in Westport. I was reluctant to go during the summer because it costs $20 for non-residents to park there. It's free after Labor Day. I think it may be worth it this summer though. It was a fun little beach with nice sandy areas, a big playground, and vendors (in the summer). It's about 30 minutes from our house.
It was a bit chilly (in the 40's-ish) but we felt fine in our jackets. There wasn't too much wind coming off the water either.
The kids begged me to let them take off their socks and shoes. McKinley said she loves to feel the sand on her feet. Yes, I let them.
McKinley built little sand buildings and then a rock building. Such a pretty girl.

Sawyer wanted to race in the sand and then be fake-tackled and fall into the sand. I told him he could throw rocks into the ocean, but could not get in it. You don't know how exhausting the conversation I had with him was about the many reasons I would not let them go in the ocean today. He even insisted that he would be fine with getting hypothermia and going to the hospital. That's why I'm in charge and he's not. He did sneak his toes in though before he got busted.





No comments:
Post a Comment