by Steven Johnson
This is a book club pick. It is all about the Cholera outbreak in one of London's areas in th 1850's and how that incident came to change the modern world.
This is a book club pick. It is all about the Cholera outbreak in one of London's areas in th 1850's and how that incident came to change the modern world.I am grateful for book club books that extend my usual literary reach. This book reminded me of reading another interesting book I read in college for my independent study group (yes they really have those, and it was at least 1.0 credit): "The Coming Plague". It brought back a lot of memories of my brief notion to become an epidemiologist...which still sounds cool to me.
This is obviously an intellectual read, and not a novel.
Next month's book club book is The Koran. Wish me luck.
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun book club. I'd like to read the Koran. Let me know how it goes!
like the Koran Koran??? WOW, good luck!!!
Post a Comment