Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Our Thankful Tree

While the kids were off for the day we made this thankful tree. Every November we do something crafty to remind us to count our blessings. One year I taped "thankful" leaves on the window. Another year we did "thankful" feathers and taped them to a turkey. This year we cut out leaves and added wire to fashion thankful leaf ornaments. I grabbed a twiggy branch from the yard, filled a mason jar with acorns and "planted" the tiny tree in the jar. Every day the kids tell one thing they are thankful for, then hang it on the tree. I love to hear what they are grateful for each day. Today's list was: mama, grandma, and lots of food. Kent and I have to participate so we remember to count our blessings too. It's a fun way to lead up to Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

What a great idea, plus such a cool decoration! I might have to snag it :) miss you xo

Bowers Family said...

That is a cute idea. I may borrow the idea as well.

Krishelle said...

you always have the best ideas!