Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Saying goodbye

I turned in my badge and med key yesterday and said goodbye to my old job. I took my little camera (because I'm a nerd) to take some pictures of the old place. I was only a little sad.


The "float pool" office...central staffing.

the swimming fish by the elevators


some of the cute wall decor downstairs

The motto of the hospital...which for the most part staff really believed in.


A few things I'll miss about the old:

NICU: I love the tiny babies. Good thing I still get to be with babies!
IMSU: Ditto...love the babies. I also liked sucking out baby boogers during RSV season. Weird I know.
CMU: The kids - sometimes it was nice having kids who could talk and interact.
CSU: The kids- I also started on a surgical unit in Seattle, so I always like surgical kids.
NTU: Liked it mostly. Won't miss the non-accidental traumas! There were way too many of those! Also won't miss the neurosurg residents, they have superiority complexes. The attendings were awesome, just the residents tended to be jerks.
RTU: The kids- luckily I have my own kids at home :)
ICS: I liked the transplant patients. The oncology patients made me very sad though. That's my worst nightmare (my kids getting cancer).
PICU: So long sucka! I will not miss you PICU!
I liked my manager, I liked floating to different units, I liked my co-workers, I love the hospital.

Right now I'm excited for my new adventure. I think this will be a good change.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

That is a sad day! Primary's is an amazing place. Good Luck on your new job, sounds like so much fun!

Gatherum Family said...

Good Luck!!! We need to get together soon-I have been meaning to call you. Aiden is healthy and now I can come out of hiding.

Erica Williams said...

Riverton is lucky to have you!