Hayden was all about putting everything he possibly could on his eggs. The kit came with glitter, glue, beads, stickers, and colored sand, and plastic shrink wrap. He did it all. In fact he became so exuberant in his decorating that he accidentally grabbed Sawyer's egg and had it shrink-wrapped before we caught on. So I had to grab a raw egg out of the fridge for Sawyer to start over on.
Hayden was little mortified that I broke his egg for it. Sawyer wanted to keep his under his pillow.
For Easter Sunday we hid candy-filled eggs around the house for the kids to search for. In the baskets the kids got a book (tradition), the boys got 2 hot wheels, and McKinley got a stuffed animal. McKinley got her Easter dress, but the boys are still waiting because I couldn't find anything I loved. Since it was conference my mom and dad came over to watch the festivities and then eat crepes before conference started. Then we watched conference. My kids were actually very well behaved. When the boys started getting restless Sawyer suggested to Hayden that they go downstairs to play. It was a conference miracle! McKinley colored the whole time.
Later that evening we took Kent to the airport to go to Seattle for work, and I took the kids to Kent's parents house for dinner and more egg festivities.
Then we went home and went to bed. Happy Easter!
2 comments:
My mom makes something similar only with tuna instead of egg. Eww...
I am still gagging at the thought of that meal!
Sounds like Easter was fun at your house.
Post a Comment