Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Lost Symbol


by Dan Brown
Summary: Another thrilling adventure by Dan Brown. This one centers in Washington D.C. and the Masons.
My thoughts: I've always been fascinated with the Masons, and with the founding Fathers. So this book was right up my interest alley. I love the symbology and explanations of ancient things the author gives. So interesting.
I kept wondering why people join a group like the Masons though. One thing the author said was that the mysteries drew people in which led to an interest in and a search for God. Hm, interesting.
But I do feel bad for Dan Brown. He is oh so close to grasping the truth...and then misses it completely. He needs to email me so I can set him straight on the nature of God, or send him a couple of 19 year-old yound men who could let him in on the secret too.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

LOVED it! I kindof thought the same thing :)

James and Michelle's Family said...

I actually think he comes from a mormon background. A girl I went to school with is his relative. But I could definitely be mistaken :-)