Monday, August 24, 2009

The forgotten fruit

Poor rhubarb often gets forgotten. Luckily my parents grow it, and gave me some to make this delicious treat I've eaten since I was a wee one.
It's rhubarb crunch, and it's delish! I ate this for breakfast/lunch=brunch and have decided not to feel guilty about it because 1-it has lots of fruit in it (rhubarb). 2-it has oats in it. and 3-the whipped cream that it is swimming in is a dairy product, and I really need to eat more dairy.
I mean, osteoporosis is a big deal.

Too bad you can't actually see the rhubarb crunch much in the picture. I REALLY love whipped cream, and it just melted into a puddle of yumminess due to it's straight-out-of-the-oven-warm-goodness.
mmmmmmm! mmm! mm!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Todd would LOVE that! He thinks the best pie out there is rhubarb pie. Therefore, my mom (not me)makes it for him once a year!

Korth and Family Happenings said...

I made a double portion of rhubarb crunch last week and had to eat the whole thing by myself. Good thing I LOVE rhubarb crunch :o)
-Shelley

Heather said...

Luckily I only made a single batch Shelley because I'm eating all by myself too.
P.S. We need to run!