Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pioneer Day

I had big family plans for fun on Pioneer Day! One adult would take the older kids to a movie while Hayden took his nap, and then we would all head up the canyon to Albion Basin to check out the wildflowers that are in bloom now and have a picnic. So we started out the morning trying to finish up the bathroom remodel and hurry and put together the IKEA vanity I bought. Yes, I know, hurry and IKEA don't go together. I guess it's been about 9 years since we bought any IKEA furniture. So I took the kids to a movie while Kent worked with IKEA instructions. I am happy to report that the bathroom vanity was finished and the sink installed before bedtime.
We did see that movie though. We saw G-Force. And while I wouldn't pick it out for myself, it was a cute kids movie and they liked it. I love the movie theater popcorn, and was grateful I bought the size that comes with a free refill since as soon as we sat down one of the lil darlins kicked my beloved buttery popcorn all over the floor. (I did think for a split second about scooping it back into my tub. But I didn't! Don't worry!) And we had plenty to share with Hayden who had to stay at home and sleep.

No comments: