One of the things on my summer wish list was to visit the Lavendar Farms in Mona. Their website Young Living Farms makes me want to rip out my grass and plant fields of lavendar. I had a beautiful image of me and my children wandering the fragrant lavendar fields reminiscent of simpler times. Not so much.
I walked into the "visitor's center" (aka lavendar goods store, which my kids loudly announced smelled disgusting, really just lavendary) and asked the lady what there is for us to see/do. She gave me a blank stare. Seriously. So I told her we've never been there, do we walk around the lavendar fields or something. She told me (a little condescendingly I might add) that this was where they sell lavendar goods and that the fields are in harvest right now, I'm not allowed to walk in them. There is a playground out there the kids can play on.
Hmmm. I just drove for over an hour for my kids to play at a playground. Really?

They had an old west village (Hayden is in the jail), some big tires to climb on, a couple of forts, and a slide set. It was a decent playground...just not worth an hour drive!


They had some cute little flowers in the little garden area. So McKinley and I had fun taking pictures of flowers.
And just the other day I wondered if water skeeters still exist. They do!
1 comment:
You still got some great pictures! And, wow! Your bathroom looks awesome. I miss you at playgroup.
Post a Comment