Wednesday, January 21, 2009

One foot in front of the other

I finished my book last night, "Founding Mothers" by Cokie Roberts. Really good! I loved this excerpt from the introduction by the author and wanted to share it with anyone who reads this...
"But as I got to know these women, reading their letters and their recipes (I've decided not to dress a whole head of cow, but Harty Choke Pie is delicious), I came to the conclusion that there's nothing unique about them. They did--with great hardship, courage, pluck, prayerfulness, sadness, joy, energy, and humor--what women do. They put one foot in front of the other in remarkable circumstances. They carried on. They truly are our Founding Mothers."

1 comment:

The Green Family said...

I love that......We all need to put one foot in front of the other. That may be my next book to read. If you have to take the babe in for MD visits call us. Sawyer can come over and play.