Monday, August 29, 2016

Potter Party!

My boys have FINALLY caught on to the Harry Potter world. Hayden is on book 4 and Sawyer has jumped around a bit on the books and is on book 5.
We started a Harry Potter movie marathon over the weekend, so I thought we would continue it on family night with a Potter Party while we watched #4.
I got chocolate frogs (complete with Wizard cards) and Bertie Bott's every flavor beans from Pirate-O's in Draper. I made some Butterbeer from the TIME magazine recipe that's floating around:

1 c. brown sugar
1 T. water (I needed 2 T. though).
Cook in a saucepan to about 225 degrees.

Remove from heat.
Add 6 T. cut up cold butter
Stir.
Add 1/2 tsp cider vinegar
3/4 c. cream
3/4 tsp. rum extract

Stir until well mixed= Butterscotch base.

In a separate bowl mix cream with a swirling of the butterscotch base to make a buttery whipped cream.

Put some butterscotch base in the bottom of a mug. Add cream soda. Stir to mix the flavors well. Add a dollop of the buttery whipped cream. Enjoy!

It was delicious.


In the picture above, Hayden had just eaten an "earthworm" flavored bean. The kids had fun eating the disgusting beans, but even more fun the next day giving them to their friends to eat!

No comments: