Friday, November 8, 2013

Reflections

The Reflections theme this year was "Believe, Dream, Inspire".  McKinley was excited to make a project, and the other two were forced.

Sawyer painted a race car scene.  Here's his artist statement about his piece, "I dream to be a race car driver.  I want to be a race car driver because I get lots of money and a trophy to remind me when I'm 82."

Race Day



Hayden painted a picture of him as a scientist.  Here's what he wrote, "It's my dream to grow up and be a scientist.  I want to mix stuff and see what's good and share it with other people so they can be healthy and strong."

Science Day


McKinley made a 3D project of a boy 'fishing' for clouds.  She wrote, "My little brother, Hayden inspired me to make 'amongst the clouds' because he's always had a dream to go up and touch the sweet sensation of the clouds.  I made this piece because I believe that some day that dream will be fulfilled."

Amongst the clouds

McKinley was chosen as one of the winners for the 3D category in her school and her project is going on to regional.



Every participant got a certificate for a free Menchie's yogurt, so after the assembly we had our little treat.  It was yummy!



1 comment:

Shell said...

Your kids are awesome! They are all so artistic. McKinley's explanation was so sweet!