Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Vermont

On Friday night I decided I wanted to go to Vermont.  So Saturday after football and field hockey I packed the car and drove (Kent's arm still kills) the 5 hours.  We stayed overnight in Littleton, NH because it was one of the only vacancies in the whole region!  The next morning we drove through the White Mountains and over to Stowe, VT.  We took a beautiful scenic drive in the Green Mountains.  The colors were astonishing!  The pictures don't show up as vibrant on the blog as they really were.









For the kids, we stopped at the Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory tour.



We visited the flavor graveyard.



And we got a free sample at the end of the tour...Maple Me Happy, which was a maple flavored ice cream with dark chocolate shavings.  It was scrumptious!


Up the road we stopped at the Cold Hollow Cider Mill.  It is a huge specialty store with a working cider mill.  We sampled some freshly pressed cider.  Then I got my authentic Vermont Maple syrup and some Apple Cider syrup.


Then I drove the 4 hours back home.

And now Vermont is checked off my list!


1 comment:

James and Michelle's Family said...

Except that you still need to see it with all that snow, snow, snow, snow, snow!!!!! I've heard Vermont is beautiful that time of year :D