Saturday, July 3, 2010

Last day of school!

School's out for the summer! McKinley has had a great year with her friends and teacher. She came home from her last day of school, threw herself on the couch and cried. When I asked her why she blubbered "I miss Mrs. Gotberg!"



Oh dear, the emotional life of girls!

Here she is on the first day of first grade:
And here she is on the last day of first grade:
Coincidentally she chose the same shirt for the last day that she wore the first day. I made her wear the same shorts to go with it. She looks so different!

3 comments:

Jen said...

It's amazing how much they change in 9 months!!

And the crying thing....Todd did that in kindergarten. I was a little freaked out because at first, he wouldn't tell us what was wrong. =)

Ashley said...

She is just the cutest! I have pics of Emily I am going to post later, blogging blues AGAIN! Maybe this week it will change.

Emily did the same thing, came home crying & blubbering about McKinley & Mrs Gotberg :) "But I'll miss them so much! I love them, oh how I do" Exact words from a 6 3/4 year old :) It made me misty eyed. Her PaPa was here from Ohio & took her to go birthday shopping, he said it was half way through their excursion she finally stopped. He was afaraid people might have thought he was abusing her or something. They will have to play a lot before you leave.
PS- I'll miss you too :)

Debbie said...

I was afraid of the same behavior from Savannah between McKinley and Mrs Gotberg, so she got home and off we went to Park City. I was sure I needed to keep her busy. It'll be weird starting next school year withour McKinley and Sawyer.